Thinking about the David Graham and Terri Warpinski Work.

 David Graham's photography has given me a lot to think about. In each of my photography sessions, I rarely think about why I am documenting the moment. My photography process, it's more about documenting the beautiful things and the landscape in front of me. But I see a theme in the work of this professional photographer. And that theme runs throughout. I didn't need him to tell me "this is the American landscape" when I was admiring his work. All of his work suggests to me that this is an American landscape.

In fact, I felt my problem in this Photo Book assignment. I had a lot of themes in mind, but none of them were perfectly suited to my work. I lacked thinking before I pressed the shutter, I had more of an intuition, although I believe that every artist has to rely on his or her intuition to confirm. But the conception of the overall work is also an essential part.

Perhaps because my personal style leans more towards David Graham, Terri Warpinski's work does not strike me as particularly impressive. But the photographs of the U.S.-Mexico borderline also gave me a lot to think about. For McLuhan, the global village originates from the advancement of technology, which has brought everyone in every place closer together through technological means. But in real life, how can we achieve a global village. Singapore's diplomat recently said, "Our peace dividend has been depleted." I hate to admit it, but the U.S.-China confrontation has become more and more serious.

New Media has in a sense accelerated the confrontation, but it has also slowed the mutual hostility. This is precisely similar to what happened at the U.S.-Mexico border. We have built a wall in a physical sense, but in an ideological sense, the wall will only be controlled by us.


Comments

Popular Posts